Thursday, May 24, 2012

9 DAYS?!?!

Are you for serious??? This CANNOT be. I can't BELIEVE there are only 9 days of school left--we're in single digits, people!

My little seconds are well on their way to being totally grown up and going into third grade--I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I don't see them every day!

As of today, the rest of the school year has been tentatively planned...tentatively being the key word. My plans usually go up in smoke and then the day must be improvised--though that's been happening less and less...could that possibly mean I am (dare I say it??) getting better at planning?!

I've decided now that free time is a bit easier to come by (a bit, I said, a BIT) I'm going to really and truly try* to start using this teaching blog to share my ideas and experiences.

So my littles and I went on a field trip this past Wednesday. A few weeks ago, we had a bluebird preservationist come in and talk to the class about "bringing back the bluebirds." They even built a sweet little bird box :) And so Wednesday we went on a field trip to help hang up the box--the kids loved it! They got to see swallows and bluebird babies and hang up the box we made. It was so sweet how excited they all got. Though, about 1/2 way through the trip they were all getting VERY thirsty. However, if that's the biggest speed bump we ran into, then I have nothing to complain about :)

Keep teaching, sweet teacher friends!

Love,
Steph

*TRY. It's the key word in that sentence. Try

No comments:

Post a Comment