Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another Linky Party!

It's another Linky Party! Wahoo! (I may love these WAY too much)

Anyway, this Linky Party is brought to you by Kelley at Teacher Idea Factory





These are my "Rockin' Resources: Things I Couldn't Live Without"

1. Spelling City
Spelling City is this fabulous little website for (you guessed it...) spelling words! Registration is free and virtually painless (there is a paid version as well, but I'm quite fond of the free version thankyouverymuch). It lets you upload and save your own spelling lists. From there, the kiddos can access your list and play games to help them practice. I *Love* using this site during Daily 5 for Word Work :)

2. Teachers Pay Teachers
I do not say this lightly--I could not LIVE without this site. (A bit dramatic? Ha. I think not.) All you teacher folk are so darn creative and wonderful. I only WISH I had half the talent you have at creating all these wonderful resources. My kiddos love them, I love them. I salute you of teachers pay teachers because (let's be honest) you keep my classroom running :)

3. My Sub Tub
I saw this idea online--looking back I CANNOT for the life of me remember where--but it really has put my mind at rest. This is a tub that's created specifically for those days when you wake up with some version of the Bubonic Plague (or some other dastardly, ridiculous illness), cannot make it to school, and didn't have time to come up with detailed sub plans (as a type-A personality, the mere THOUGHT of this happening chilled me to my very core--No time to write detailed sub plans?!?! Inconceivable.) **ENTER THE SUB TUB** This little guy has everything  necessary for a sub to run the classroom for the entire day. I got the actual materials inside the tub from Clutter Free Classroom's TPT store...here's the link. If you have time to read her blog, you should because she's GREAT. To read more about how I set it up, click the "Ideas That Have Worked" tab :)

4. Pinterest
Pinterest, i.e. the "Pandora's Box" of it all :) Pinterest is, in my opinion, the ultimate resource. It's how I find the best blogs, the best projects, the best ideas for teaching, life, and/or anything else in this world. If you are not on pinterest....WHY?! You need to be. That is the end of my service announcement. haha

5. Pandora
Speaking of Pandora's Box....PANDORA! I love this sight and, to be honest, so do the kiddos. I have a few stations on pandora that are nothing but great instrumental music; classical and otherwise. I like to play it while the kids are getting settled and doing their morning work before the bell rings. It gets them to settle in, focus, and get ready to learn. Love me some Pandora :)

Well, there you have it! My Rockin' Resources!

14 comments:

  1. I am with you on Pinterest! I LOVE Pinterest. I use it all the time in my classroom. I also use Spelling City each week for my words. If you have a chance, stop by my blog and check out my favorites!
    Darleen
    Third Grade Love
    http://thirdgradelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darleen

      Thanks for following! I loved checking out your favorites :) The baskets especially--I am with ya there!

      ~Steph

      Delete
  2. Steph . . . you rock. Thank you so much for joining the PAR-TAY! Your resources are great. I didn't ever think about using Pandora in class. It's brilliant! Now I won't have to keep buying songs via iTunes. Your blog is super cute too. I am following you! Thanks again :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley--no YOU rock! :) Thanks for hosting such a fun linky party--looking at everybody's fabulous resources is so helpful. Thanks for following and have a great afternoon! :)

      Steph

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on Pinterest! Love the ideas that come from there! I am now a follower of your blog! Have a great summer!

    Stephany
    primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I'll be sure to follow you as well-- Enjoy your summer!! :)

      Delete
  4. I'll third the Pinterest thing! That was my go-to this year for creative things to do with my class, along with TPT. I signed up for Spelling City this year, but didn't really implement it with my class. Definitely going to change that this coming year. Also, I'm jealous! Pandora is blocked at our school, along with last.fm and i heart radio!

    ashley
    latteintervention.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley,

      I was so surprised to find out that it wasn't blocked--for most of the year, I'd just assumed that it was so I didn't really start using it until February...but then when I figured out that it WASN'T blocked it was like a daily (read: hourly) thing haha.

      ~Steph

      Delete
  5. Hi Steph- I just found you through the linky party & I'm your newest follower! I am obsessed with Teachers Pay Teachers too. I love the many creative lessons on there!! I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Lisa! I look forward to reading yours as well :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  6. I just started using pandora a few weeks before school was out. The kids and kids bop stations are pretty good too!

    The sub tub is pinned on one of my boards... am I the only crazy one who expects a sub to teach what I was going to teach? 9 times out of 10- it does happen. I guess it is because I usually only request certified teachers as subs??? Not 100% sure. I am not out very often though.

    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the Sub Tub has only been used once (for a VERY unexpected leave). Like I said, I'm totally a type-a personality so my sub plans are usually CRAZY detailed haha The couple of times I've had subs, they've done a great job with the written plan. It's just always nice to have a back up :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Steph,
    I had pinterest on my list of things that I am OBSESSED with. I have a feeling that my entire summer is going to be spent doing project after project. I'm going to have to check out pandora over the summer, sounds like a great idea. I'm glad I found your blog through the party.
    Stacy

    simpsonsuperstars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      I'm glad you found my blog too because it let me find yours! I share your feelings about this being a "project" type of summer. I am just ready to start craftin' :) Have a great afternoon!

      ~Steph

      Delete