Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I was in a bit of a pickle....

It looks so innocent....

Let me just start this post out by saying how much I LOVE sweets and all things sugary and delicious.

So, today an adorable little second grader from another class came into my room. It was her birthday and she and brought in these DELECTABLE looking cupcakes--funfetti (my fave) with bright pink frosting and sprinkles....

I didn't really have time to eat lunch today and I don't like to eat birthday treats in front of my kiddos..so I found myself in a bit of a pickle. To eat? Or not to eat? That was the question.

Here, this perfect little cupcake is sitting on my desk...waiting...I swear I could almost hear it calling my name...as if in answer my stomach began to growl.

I summoned all of my strength and found the willpower (somewhere....I kid you not, I was SO hungry!!) to not eat the cupcake in front of my students. (*does a mental happy dance and marvels at the shocking display of inner strength*)

Anyway, as soon as the kiddos left for 2nd recess, that cupcake was mine.


And, yes, it was as DELICIOUS as I thought it would be :)

Does anybody else have a crazy sweet tooth??

4 comments:

  1. Hehehehe . . . this cracks me up. I know I was already here today, but your post popped up on my roll and I had to come back to finish reading. I do have a sweet tooth, but my salty tooth is much, much worse. Give me salty crunchy and I'll finish the whole box :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not alone!! haha I do love the salty treats as well--and then salty/sweet treats?? Like M&M's and pretzels?! Don't even get me started.... :)

      Delete
  2. Me! Some days are so stressful, I really, really, really look forward to that piece of dark chocolate in my lunchbox!
    Lisa
    Stories From Second
    P.S. Thanks for finding my blog so I could find yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,

      Thanks for following! I'm glad someone else shares my love for dark chocolate! haha

      ~Steph

      Delete