Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm told there's this light at the end of the tunnel...

*This* is definitely what I'm feelin' like right now!

*WHEW*

Wow. Today was B.U.S.Y.

Summer Packet? Done.
Grades Finalized (almost?) Done.
Class Lists for Next Year's 3rd Grade? Done.
2 Parent Notes Created and Ready to Go Home? Done.
Field Trip Forms For Next Week? Done.

This end of  the year business is CRAZY! As a first year teacher I did not expect it to feel this hectic (all you veteran teachers can feel free to laugh at my naivete...I know I am!)

And then the paperwork.....OH the paperwork..... *sighs and hurls it to the back of my mind for another day*

They say that there's a light at the end of the tunnel...at this point, that "light" is looking a little like a pocket flashlight shone from about 500 yds. away.

BUT (yes, there's a but!) even after all this typing and mental checklist making (I am nothing if not a multitask-er), I still cannot believe these are the final days with my first class of little seconds! I'm so proud of them I could just GUSH (but I'll save you all from that and just think it. haha)

I just love it all, though. Even when it's crazy. Ok, maybe a littleteensybitless when it's crazy...but I still love it :) What about you?


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on wrapping up your first year! I always forget how hectic the end of the school year gets!


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Have a great summer!! :)

      ~Steph

      Delete