Friday, May 25, 2012

The Race is ON!

As the end of the year draws closer and close, I've noticed that my little friends are getting chattier...and chattier...and (you guessed it!) chattier.

As an extra motivational incentive, I've started a little competition--which group is quietest? I've put the kiddos into teams (boys vs. girls) and arranged their desks as such. Each group has been assigned a captain, and it's the captain's job to make sure the groups are staying focused, listening, and on task.

This will be a competition that goes on until. the end of the year. At the end of each day, I'll reward either the boys or girls a point based on who was quietest. I'm curious to see which group really rises to the occasion! At the end of our competition, the winners will each receive 3 charger tickets (incentive cards passed out around the school for good behavior).

The kiddos are so excited, and I have to admit, so am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment