Friday, June 15, 2012

A Big To-D0


Oh boy oh boy. Now, I don't know about you all but is anyone else's summer to-do list just growing and growing and growing?? I feel like mine has taken on a life of it's own.

(Innocent bystander: "Run!! It's Steph's Summer To-Do List!! It's started attacking the city...AND STEPH'S BANK ACCOUNT!!)

Now, I'd be lying if I said every single thing on the list was school related but seriously, most of it really and truly IS.

I'm moving rooms, so beyond just packing everything up I've decided to re-do my entire theme. Last year, I had this YELLOW wall (why does it need to be in all caps, you ask? Because the wall really was just. that. loud.) and now I've got a pretty blue wall--new wall, new theme, new items on the to-do list.

I've tackled a couple of things on the attacking growing to-do list. I made the famed teacher tool kit (you know, the one that's all over pinterest?) and I am IN LOVE with it already. Seriously, it wasn't even that difficult to make! Head on over to Create Teach Share for the how-to.
Here they are! A little blurry--but you get the point.


I've also started to creation of my planner/grade book for next year (cue even more excitement on my end).

Folks, I have to tell you I am SO excited for next year (....yes. Already. But I really can't help it! :) ). I feel like all of my time this summer (yes...this entire WEEK. haha) has been focused on how to be better. Better planner, better organizer, better guided reading leader, better instructor, just better.

And I can't wait to hit the ground running once the end of August rolls around :)

Does anyone else feel that their summer to-do list might even be a little bigger than their school year to-do list?

4 comments:

  1. I just made the cool teacher toolbox also yesterday! Yours came out fantastic!! I do feel that my summer to do list is a bit on the crazy side. I wonder how I'm going to get it all done!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours looks so great, Lisa!! I'm glad someone else's to-do list feels as crazy as mine haha :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog Steph! I'm your newest follower!

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely suffer from the longer summer to-do list too! I just stumbled upon your blog and am your newest follower. I'm finishing up my teacher toolbox too, and wills hare pics soon.
    Stop by when you get a chance!
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete