Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One Day More!

(For all you musical theater folk, the title was sung to the tune of Les Mis' famous power ballad)

Tomorrow is the last day of school and I can not believe it. My first year of teaching? Done. :)

I'm so excited, but at the same time, I'm not sure what I'll do when I don't get to see my sweet, funny little friends every day.

**WARNING THIS POST IS ABOUT TO GET SERIOUSLY MUSHY**

I feel like I got so, so lucky with my class this year. They were everything a first year teacher could possibly want--funny, sweet, at times challenging, and totally lovable. I just KNOW how much I'm going to miss them next year. That's why my goal tomorrow is to not cry until after they leave. That's the goal. I'll letcha know how THAT works out haha.

See??? So Sweet! Also, thought this
picture was HILARIOUS because my little friend
made sure to include my coffee cup haha
Today was so much fun! The kiddos spent the day at this really great park in the community with their 5th grade reading buddies and had a BLAST. Plus while we were there, there were only a few scraped knees and one kid who got sick--I'm gonna count that one as a win! After that, the kiddos who met their AR goal got to walk with a teacher to the candy store as a treat--now I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure days like this just didn't exist when I was a kid in school haha They've got it MADE!!



Welp, I'm exhausted (again haha) so me and my newly acquired farmer's tan (thank you two days of being outside) are gonna call it a night :)

8 comments:

  1. I had a darling class my first year too! Even several years later, I always look back at that first class with such fondness. Have a a great last day tomorrow!
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,

      Thanks for the good wishes :) It was a perfect last day and I miss my little friends already. They were such a great class. Though, I'm already getting ready for the next set of kiddos haha :) Have a good Monday!

      ~Steph

      Delete
  2. Have a fun last day tomorrow. It's always so much fun to reflect at the end of the year how special each class is every year. It's hard not to fight back the tears when they hug you on the last day!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robynn,
      You're right! It was VERY hard not to fight back the tears--though I was proud of myself, I didn't cry until they left, then I got a little teary--but I held it together until then! Love your blog! Have a fun Monday!

      ~Steph

      Delete
  3. Ahh! When I saw your title I freaked! I'm a huge Les Mis fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good show, right?!?! I have to say, I'm pretty stoked for the movie :) Have you seen the teaser trailer?

      ~Steph

      Delete
  4. Hi Steph - I just found you and now I just got a kick out of your post because that page if from my end of the year packet. Too funny - I'm so glad I read it because I love what your student wrote about you. Of course you are there favorite thing...it makes perfect sense. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the packet too.. LOL I'm your newest follower. Great blog, happy summer to you.
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky--You are so sweet and I literally laughed out loud when I read your post. Thank you so much for creating such a great packet! My kiddos loved it :) I'll be sure to link the picture to your blog--you've got so many great ideas. Thanks for following! I'll be sure to do the same.

      ~Steph

      Delete