Saturday, June 9, 2012

That's "Pinterest"ing Saturday!

Ahhhh The Weekend-and not just *any* weekend...the first official weekend of Summer Vacation.

So. Much. Love.

Anywho, during the school year my kiddos and I have something called "That's Interesting Thursday". They have about 15 minutes between lunch and specials and on Thursdays we watch a random Brain Pop Jr. video--for real, they're awesome here's the site--and discuss this new and random topic for the remaining time. The kids loved it as a way to learn about something cool or silly or interesting.

So, I'm kinda starting this up on the ol' blog here with my very first That's "Pinterest"ing Saturday! As I've been lounging around my apartment, sipping my coffee, and trolling pinterest for teaching ideas I thought "Jeeze...these are cool! I NEED to tell someone about them!!" (I tend to get a tad over excited with the teaching/classroom ideas haha)

Without further ado, here are the top teaching pins I've found today :)

Common Questions Answered Board




How cool is this?! In my classroom I often feel I have much more space than I actually do...but you can bet your sweet bippy that if there's any way to fit this in there, I'm gonna try it! What a time saver for questions you may find yourself answering over...and over...and over...and (you get the idea :) )

New Student Bag


THIS is something I really need to do this year. You never know when you're going to get a new sweet little kiddo in your room at the last second and need to have everything ready at a moment's notice--voila! With this, you'd be ready to go! I'll for sure be making these this coming school year.

Wipeable Objective Boards


With the new evaluations in our district coming out this year, I want there to be a way for my objectives for the day (or week) clearly displayed in my classroom. I thought about writing them on sentence strips, but I think I like this idea much better--erasable, fixable, and matchable. WIN.

Daily 5 Guided Reading Ideas


This is something else I really want to improve this year. I want my guided reading to not feel so "hodge podge." I want it to be more structured, planned, and (yes) assessed. I like to know for sure what my kiddos are struggling with (as I'm sure all of you do as well!) and this site has a lot of great ideas on how to really get guided reading organized. I'm all about it :)

This Kid


And finally...this little guy!! How cute!! I could not stop laughing when I saw this haha

So there you have it! My top pins for the day! What are yours?? :)

8 comments:

  1. Being ready for new students before they show up is SO helpful. There's nothing like the infamous get-ready-for-a-new-student scramble. Cute pic of the little guy by the way.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! I'm quite familiar with the "get-ready-for-a-new-student scramble"--I'm glad you were too!! :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  2. I am totally making the new student bags this year-and I use the question board! It is a LIFESAVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa--That's great to hear!! Now that I know it works (for real and not just in Pinterest land) in the classroom, I'll definitely have to work it in! :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh-- I am LOVING that question board!!! I'm pinning this for a summer to do project. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem, Lisa! Glad I could pin and be helpful!! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the bag for new students. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower!

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Maria! Love your blog! :)

      ~Steph

      Delete