Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Awardapalooza!!

Being from the Chicagoland area, I couldn't resist the Lollapalooza play on words :) (on that note--less than a month away! Wahoo!!)

Anywho, I was lucky enough to be awarded the One Lovely Blog award from Miss N. over at Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists as well as Stephany at Primary Possibilities. I was also awarded The Versatile Blogger award from Laura at TIPS and Stephanie at Maestra Bilingue. I feel so so lucky and special. You are all so sweet to have though of me (and seriously, when I read the comments you'd left, I was so excited you'd have thought I'd won an Oscar! I had a Sally-Field-You-Like-Me-You-Really-Like-Me moment haha)

I really wanted to take my time and pick out some of my favorite bloggers to send these super fun awards out to. Some of you may have already received one (or both!) of these bad boys, but that just means you're THAT AWESOME!! :)

One Lovely Blog Award

There are only 3 rules to follow once you've recieved this award :)
1. Follow the person who gave you the award
2. Link back to the person that gave you the award
3. Pass the award on to 15 new bloggers.

There you have it! Here are the fantabulous bloggers I'm passing this award on to:
1. Smiling in Second Grade
2. Adventures of Ms. Smith
3. Kinder-Craze
4. Heather's Heart
5. Teaching in High Heels
6. Teacher Bits and Bobs
7. Second Grade Style
8. Chickadee Jubilee
9. Fourth and Ten
10. I Teach. What's Your Superpower?
11. Maestra Bilingue
12. Wee Wise Ones
13. Gypsy Soul
14. Super Pig and Tyrant King
15. Forever in First

The Versatile Blogger Award

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site
7. Let the other bloggers know they've been nominated. 

*Here* Are my 7 Random Facts :)

1. When I was a kid, I did professional musical theatre in Chicago. I performed in a few productions, but did most of my work at the American Girl Place theatre in Chicago. I played Kirsten and Josefina for those of you who are familiar with American Girl. The people I met there, remain (to this day!) some of the greatest people I've ever known. 

2. I learned how to French Braid hair before I learned how to read. I've always loved doing hair and seriously considered going to beauty school at one point when I was in high school. However, I chose teaching and here we are! 

3. I am a classically trained vocalist. I took voice lessons for 10 years and went to college on a music/choir scholarship. 

4. I am a Christian. Though that doesn't seem like much of a random fact. I'm lucky enough to attend church each Sunday with my family. It really does bring all of us together, and without it, I just don't think I'd feel....whole. There is, I guess, one random fact about my faith...most of my praying just happens to happen in the shower. I have no idea why! It just does. haha Oh well! I hear God listens even when you're shampooing :)

5. I am WAY clumsy. You'd think that my being a dancer would make me more graceful...nope. I can't walk safely in socks. I consider the day as an overall "win" if I haven't managed to fall on my face. haha

6. I have just become a pet owner! I am mommy to one golden doodle named Rory. He's such a little character. Rory's got personality coming out of his EARS and I LOVE it. haha Feel free to check out my personal blog for occasional Rory updates :)

7. I am a reading JUNKIE. I can literally forget about the rest of the world for days on end if I'm in the middle of a great book. This is probably not a good thing...haha

There you have it folks! My 7 Random Facts. Here are the people I've decided to nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award:



WHEW! Big post! For those of you still reading, thanks for sticking around!  

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! Love your cute blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award. You are too sweet!

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award Steph! I will be sure to dish it out to some other very versatile bloggers!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Steph. You are a sweetie :) Merry 4th to ya.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I just nominated you for ANOTHER bloggy award! Stop by my blog The Gypsy Teacher to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the award!! :) You made my day!!

    Kristen
    A Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete