Monday, July 2, 2012

Update and July Currently

Hello there! I've returned from my Disney World vacation and am ready to dive back into the real world--however, there's been one. big. change. from before I left, to now....



Everyone? THIS is Rory :) He's the newest little addition to my house! He and I are becoming fast friends :) I can't believe I'm actually a dog owner now...I'm so excited to start this new adventure :) Feel free to check out my personal blog for occasional Rory updates! 

Disney was wonderful. It was so much fun to be in the one place on earth where acting like a child is not only encouraged--it is expected. Love. It. It was also Blarso's first time visiting, and it was so great to see him experience all the fun!

That being said, I am so glad to be back and getting the chance to really dive into planning and setting up my room for next year. Quick question--do any of you *make* your own planbook? If so, any tips? 

OO Also, it's time for my favorite part of the month....Farley's Currently! Wahoo! 



These are two of my absolute favorite reads. My favorite read aloud book for my 2nd grade friends is definitely Interrupting Chicken...it's about a little chicken who keeps interrupting her bedtime stories! Too cute. Here's the link to find it on Amazon :)
My favorite professional read is most definitely The Daily 5 (I know. Surprise Surprise...), but it's just so DARN USEFUL!! I just keep coming back to it. Here's the link to find it on Amazon, if you haven't already read it. 



Can't wait to start reading all the other July Currentlys!!


20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.

    Rory is adorable.

    So is your blog!!!

    I'm so glad you stopped by!

    :) Abby @ Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I think he's pretty adorable myself :) haha

      Thanks for following! :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  2. Rory is such a cutie! I haven't heard of Intrerupting Chicken. I'll have to look for it. Sounds cute!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll definitely have to check out Interrupting Chicken--I kid you not it literrally cracks me and my kiddos UP. :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  3. Hi Steph,
    I just found your blog through Farley's linky! Rory is so stinkin' cute. you will LOVE being a dog owner! Good luck with setting up your classroom. That's one of my favorite parts of teaching and second grade is the BEST!
    Dianne
    Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne,

      Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!! :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  4. Look at your little punkin! What kind is he? Too adorable.

    I blogged about how I used Interrupting Chicken as part of our Class Meeting. {click Character Ed in the top left & it's the first post}

    http://littlemissglamourgoestokindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin,

      He's a golden doodle and he's already got me wrapped around his little paws. haha Thanks for stopping by! I loved your ideas about using Interrupting Chicken as part of the class meeting--definitely something I'd like to try next year :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming my newest follower! I am now a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  6. Rory <3
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    I hope that you'll join me for my giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica--WOW! That's such an awesome giveaway!! Congrats on the 500 followers :) I'll be sure to join in!

      ~Steph

      Delete
  7. I camw over from Farley's linky party! You have such a cute blog! And yes, I do make my own plan book... I make the pages in Excel and then copy them to go in a 3 ring binder. It can be a little work to get it going, but I do enjoy having things customized for my needs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks!! And thanks for the advice about using Excel--the task seems a bit daunting, but you're completely right. The idea of having everything customized sounds pretty fantastic :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  8. Yummm! Iced coffee! I wanted you to know that I am passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you. Please stop by TIPS to pick it up. Also, I would love it if you would link up on my "Blogs of Inspiration" page.
    Happy Teaching!
    Laura,
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the Versatile Blogger Award!! This has totally and completely made my day :) I also linked up to your "Blogs of Inspiration" page. Thanks again!!

      Delete
  9. Rory is adorable! And now I'm craving iced coffee too.

    I also awarded you the versatile blogger award here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stephanie!! I'll be sure to drop by to pick it up!! :)

      Delete
  10. Aw thanks for reading my "Currently"...I'm your newest follower too! :)

    ReplyDelete