Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Daily 5 Advice, Anyone?

Hi Friendlies!

Ok. So last year, I sort of did my own version of the Daily 5/Literacy Stations...I'd really like to dive head first into true Daily 5 classroom practice this year. So as I was sitting there reading my Daily 5 book and thinking up new ideas, I thought to myself, "Self--why don't you just ask blog world what they do?!" So here I am, my brilliant bloggy friends, asking your advice. Do you do Daily 5 in your classroom? If so, do you have any nuggets of wisdom or sage advice for a newbie? Thanks Sweet Teacher Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Steph, I posted a whole bunch of work on writing ideas to my blog on Monday...feel free to use any that work for you. I'm hoping to have all my new work activities completed by Friday so I can post about them then.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! I'll be sure to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Steph,
    Daily 5...love,love,love!! I have to say that the most useful things I did to help me implement was:
    -get a membership to the Cafe websit (which I still use) It is so helpful because anything you want to know how to do is spelled out so well in their videos (they have a TON)
    -I co teach with someone and we would do it together, bounce ideas off each other, and sometimes read directly from the book. Now that we have been doing it for a while it has gotten a lot easier
    There are so many blogs out there with info but the website is great. Good luck. It's one of my favorite things to launch every year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the great ideas!! I'll definitely look at the Cafe website :)

      Delete