Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Feelin' Crafty??


So this morning I was feeling particulalry crafty (and/or feeling like I didn't want to be hauling this big picture frame around in my car for the next however many months....) and decided to finally make my objective board! Here is the finished result! (please excuse the poor picture quality...)


I'd seen people use objective strips (written and displayed on sentence strip paper) and I'd seen people write their objectives on the chalkboard, but I knew this would not work for me for two reasons:

1. I'm a prissy pants and I like for everything to match. My room is light blue and orange, therefore I needed to display my objectives on something light blue and orange.

2. I'm a sucker for cutesie scrapbook paper.

The best part is that since it's a picture frame, you can use dry erase markers to write your weekly objectives onto the board and then just erase it when you want to change it! Wahoo! The ease of dry erase!!


Supplies Needed:
1) Straight Edge Cutter (or scissors if you've got a steady hand)
2) Cutesie scrapbook paper in a few different colors and patterns

The How To:

I traced the outline of the frame-back onto the scrapbook paper to get the correct size and then cut the paper using the straight edge cutter.

I made subject labels using clip art frames purchased from Print Candee and the font "smiley monster" courtesy of Kevin and Amanda Fonts.

From there, it's just print, cut, and arrange in a way that makes you look at your finished project and smile :)

3 comments:

  1. It came out so cute! I need a better way to post objectives as well-I'm just a write it on the white board kind of gal (I do color code them :)-but it certainly would look better all framed. Thank you for sharing the idea! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute & crafty girl!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete