Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12 in 12 Linky Party!

I'm linking up with the 12 in '12 Linky Party (Hosted by Miss Kindergarten) and GUESS WHAT--You should too :)

12. Favorite Movie:
I LOVED the Hunger Games. Loved. It. The soundtrack, the actors, the costumes, the special effects, the story....oh the story. I loved the books and was so pumped for the movie to come out...and it didn't disappoint :) Cannot WAIT for Catching Fire.

11. Favorite TV Series:
To put it lightly, I'm a TV junkie. I love watching TV and I sort of feel like TV is going through some sort of Renaissance--there are SO many good SHOWS!!! Though, I think my favorite favorite would have to be New Girl. It is so funny every week and never skips a beat :) Love it. 

10. Favorite Restaurant:
I feel like a pretty lucky little duck because my town has so many cute little restaurants. And though Chipotle and Noodles and Company will always hold a special place in my heart, there's this restaurant in town that has bewitched me heart and soul--It's called The Valley, and they have these truffle fries that are so delicious I want to WEEP. Smothered in truffle oil and cheese, they are perfect. 

9. Favorite New Thing I've Tried:
My favorite new thing I've tried has been Daily 5. I love how independent my little kiddos are and how quickly they move from center to center. It really gives me time to sit with my guided reading group and FOCUS on how to best help them. Love that focus time :)

8. Favorite Gift You Got:
For my birthday, I got a BEAUTIFUL pair of black boots. I wear them on an almost daily basis...and basically  I love them so much it hurts :)

7. Favorite Thing I Pinned:








Ok, I realize that is just a picture of a table setting--but what it REALLY is (if you follow the link....) is a website called Pink Pistachio. Missy at Pink Pistachio is FABULOUS. She has so many wonderful ideas and tips and tutorials and just....everything. She's wonderful!!

Also, this :)




6. Favorite Blog Post: All of you guys have such AWESOME posts it's really difficult to pick just one. However, that being said, I really enjoy the math centers created by Hope King over at Second Grade Shenanigans. These math centers are PERFECT for my early finishers and a great way to constantly reinforce those basic math concepts--plus they're themed for each month! And you know how I love a good theme.... :)

5. Best Accomplishment:
I was never a runner. Ever. Like, seriously friends, I was the only girl to get a B in freshmen year gym class because I couldn't run a mile. This year I ran two races: A 10 Mile-er and a 15k. Crossing that finish line was maybe one of the proudest moments of my young life. I was told not to do the race, I was told that people didn't think I could do it. I did it anyway--and if I can then you definitely can!

4. Favorite Picture:
This one of my very best friends (Shel) and I at Thanksgiving.
She has accomplished so much this year and I'm so proud of
her that I could just BUST.
3. Favorite Memory:
My favorite memory would have to be the week of my 24th birthday. It. Was. Perfect. I had a wonderful dinner with my family, a fabulous night with my friends, we went to Chicago and I laughed more than I thought humanly possible (ab workout? Check!). My friends even woke me up at midnight the eve of my birthday in order to sing happy birthday and put a tiny tiara on my head. I am so blessed :) It was perfect.

2. Goal for 2013:
I want to do MORE. I want to be less lazy. I heard a quote (and now I'm totally gonna get it wrong), but it said something along the lines of, "Next time you think about how long a goal is going to take, think about the fact that that time is going to pass anyway." I want to do more with my afternoons than sit on my couch and catch up on my favorite TV shows. I want to be actively in the process of making my life better--constantly.
Good luck, self!

1. One Little Word:
Sparkle.

6 comments:

  1. OOOOHH! Truffle fries sound DELISH!! I want to try some. I have a good friend that just told me about the show The New Girl. I now want to watch it.
    ஐRikki

    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll definitely have to watch New Girl if you get the chance! Too too funny :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  2. Love that picture and am so happy I found you through this linky! Stop over sometime!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Love your blog! :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  3. Love the pic, there's nothing like a good friend & a good laugh!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      ~Steph

      Delete