Sunday, December 2, 2012

December Currently

And (what??) it's on time too?!?! What is this world coming too?? Maybe the Mayans were right....psych! Anywho, here's my (on time) December Currently--Thanks Farley :)




Listening: Holiday. Music. For so long, I didn't really dig the whole holiday music thing. I'm pretty sure it was because I worked in retail for a while and when you work in retail they play the same 12 Christmas songs over and over and over again and it turns you into a big 'ol grinch. But now that I've had some time away from the wonderful world of retail, my heart has grown three sizes and I'm all about that holiday cheer :)

Loving: Keeping the theme, I'm LOVING my Christmas Tree right now. It's sparkly and silver and PERFECT! Thanks Momma for the help on that one :) Seriously, ya'll I lucked out in the Mom department. She's an interior designer and has the magical ability to look at ANYTHING and make it beautiful. Everyone has gifts and that is hers. It's like being besties with Martha Stewart--but better because she's not cray cray. 

Thinking: About all of those holiday deals..... The Shabby Apple has some great ones right now. I also can't stop thinking about all the fun stuff at Charming Charlie's...they're accessories are so great and so reasonably priced! I also can't stop thinking about the Reindeer Unit (Curtesy of Hope King over at Second Grade Shenanigans) my kidlets and I are going to be starting soon. We did this unit last year with my sweeties and it was a HUGE success. If you're looking for a great way to ring in the Holiday Season and stay aligned to the Common Core--then this unit is for you :) 

Wanting: I have a cold. I want it to skedaddle out of here and never come back. Never ever ever....like ever. (Thanks for that one, T. Swift)

Needing: TO GRADE. I have a big pile of papers with my name on it (well, technically it has all the names of my sweet little friends but that's neither here nor there...).

RAK: I want to go above and beyond for my family this holiday season. I'm not sure how I'll be doing it yet (I'm thinking something along the lines of making them dinner at my place and making everything look pretty for them....maybe? Any other ideas??) but I'll for sure be making it happen. I love them so dearly. 

Welp! Thanks for reading! I can't wait to see what everyone else is up to this time of year! :)  



5 comments:

  1. Colds are so NOT fun. I am starting fight one myself and I am NOT happy about it! Feel better soon! I am your newest follower!

    Christina :)
    Check out my blog!
    Apples, Books, and Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when you finish your pile of papers, you can come and work on mine, k? How is that for a random act of kindness?? ;) hee hee

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finallyyyy got over my cold yesterday. Mine stuck around over a week. They're the worst! Hope you feel better soon :)

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots of papers to grade too, but I got some fun new pens this weekend that I am itching to try, so I hope that makes it a little more fun! I found your blog through the Currently! I am a new follower!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World

    ReplyDelete