Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Freebie Fun!

We've been really busy comparing and contrasting--basically, if it's a person, place, or thing we've compared and contrasted it to something else.

However, our favorite comparing and contrasting activity has been the Classmate Compare and Contrast. As an end of the week reward for working so hard, we did this fun little activity to wrap up (and assess) comparing and contrasting. The students paired up with a buddy and thought of all the ways they were the same and all the ways they were different. It was so cute to see them think of all the creative ways they could compare and contrast themselves.

I, personally, was really surprised at how unique some of the answers got! "I have freckles, she doesn't." "I like pizza puffs and he doesn't." "My favorite day of the week is Monday and her's is Wednesday because she likes craft day."

We filled out a funzie little worksheet to go along with the activity, which acted as a twofer writing grade and reading grade...man oh man, do I love a twofer :)



I've posted the worksheet I made to go along with this activity on Teachers Pay Teachers--here's the link :)

The best part...it's free! I mean, there are few words in the English language I love more than the word free....well, maybe the word coffee....or if the word "Free" is followed by "Gift with Purchase".....but I digress.

Stop by and download this little freebie! Not only will you get a (FREE! Have I said it enough?) fun little activity for your kiddos, but you'll give my ego a boost! See?? It's a win/win!....please? :) Happy Tuesday!

P. S. Two yummy new (low fat!) recipes posted on Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox--check it out!

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! How cute!! Thanks for sharing!
    Jessica
    ideas by jivey


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  2. This is great thanks! I am also from Indiana near Chicago! I love finding Hoosier bloggers!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by! I'm your newest follower :) It's always fun to find another hoosier out in bloggyland.

      ~Steph

      Delete
  3. I just happened to be looking for a little something extra for this week...and your freebie fits perfectly with what we're working on! Thanks for sharing!

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad it worked out! Thanks for stopping by :)

      ~Steph

      Delete
  4. Love this!! We are working on this next week. It will be a perfect addition to our Readers Workshop!

    ReplyDelete