Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Currenly

Happy New Year!! Here is this month's currently curtesy of the Fabulous Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade :)


Listening: This was written last night before we all headed out for dinner and dancing. As I was standing in front of my bathroom mirror, listening to the sound of crazy fun dance music (entwined with the laughter of my friends) I realized how truly lucky I am. I have beautiful friends and family and sometimes it just hits me like a sledge hammer; I am blessed.

Loving: I am LOVING the new rose gold watch I just bought. Seriously, I am in love with it. Like it's getting serious and I don't want to see any other watches besides this one. The best part? 14 dollars from Target. Happiness!!

Thinking: I am really putting some thought into how I want to organize my classroom library. My gut tells me that by AR color would be best...that way the kiddos can find books at their level just a little bit easier instead of trying to guess. Does anyone out there in bloggity land have a better idea? Because I am open to suggestions!

Wanting: I am really wanting to stretch out winter break. I love my job, I love my kiddos, I love that I get to play with glitter on a daily basis. That being said...I am reeeeeeally loving winter break. It's just me, my books, my friends, family, and my coffee cup.....bliss :)

Needing: I think I need some new ways to organize the materials and manipulatives in my classroom. The minimal storage makes it a toughie, but I'll figure it out. Again, any ideas you all wanna throw my way would be SUPURB.

OLW: Sparkle. I chose this word because I feel like it's more of a philosophy--hear me out. It's kinda like adding glitter to every part of your life and/or just putting in the extra effort (or sparkle) in everything you do. Smiling more. Laughing more. Hugging more. Doing more. A little extra in everything you do. Sparkle. Love it.

6 comments:

  1. I love your one little word - sparkle is perfect for this time of the year. It seems we could all use a little extra bling!

    Have a great week back at school!!
    ~Realistic

    http://realistic-teacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree :) I'm always up for a little extra bling!

      ~Steph

      Delete
  2. I need better organization in my classroom, too (and my house)! I love that you are in love with that watch. What would we do without Target?

    Sparkle!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't even want to imagine a world without Target! Thanks for stopping by!

      ~Steph

      Delete
  3. yay! I found you through currently! I love, love your blog name! I love the word quirky. It should have been my olw! and I love sparkle too!!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we like the same words!! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      ~Steph

      Delete