Thursday, January 24, 2013

Linking Up with Love

I'll just admit it...I'm a mushy, gushy sucker for love :) The hearts, the chocolate, the red and pink, the inordinate amount of chick flicks and love stories....February is just around the corner and I. Can't. Wait.

It's even apparent in how prepared I am for the next month. Usually I'm a smidge behind the eight ball (I'm human. It happens. haha), but not this month! I'm just too excited! My bulletin boards are done, my math centers are finished and my projects are planned--please, let me just be clear this NEVER HAPPENS! Proof positive of how excited for February I am.

Last year's love month was pretty terrible. It just seemed like one thing after another was happening to ruin my mushy gushy mood. That being said, I'm not going to let the crummy experiences of February 2012 ruin 2013...HUZZAH!

Anywho, my point. I'm linking up with Tales from Outside the Classroom for a fun linky to talk  gush about the things that I'm loving right now.


People
There are definitely some people in bloggyland that I'm loving right now. They're so positive and their ideas are so fun and fresh I just can't help but think of them as rockstars--for real. They make me wanna jump up and down and scream and sing One Direction Songs at the top of my lungs as an ode to how awesome they are!
.....I am nothing if not a little excessive.....
Anywho! Here are the lovely ladies who are busy taking the teaching world by storm and who I wish I was half as cool as :)

Amy at Little Miss Organized--seriously, she is so cool!!
 

And Kelley at Teacher Idea Factory--her ideas are crazy good.
  Sour Apple Studio

Places:
Right now I am lovin' the Starbucks and the Stacks :) I'm a coffee lover in general, but my adoration of the almighty Starbucks seems to come and go in waves, and right now the tide is high!! It's probably all the leftover gift cards from Christmas--my students know me too well haha.

Stacks is the new funtime restuarant in my town. It replaced our beloved Passtimes (to read more about that, hop on over to my personal bloggity blog and read this entry...) and somehow made it even MORE amazing!! Let me explain. It's called Stacks...after LIBRARY stacks. Yes. The whole thing is old school library themed with books everywhere. Heavenly.

Things:
Here are a couple of fantabulous TPT finds that I am ALL ABOUT right now :)

Hope King's Heart Attack Valentine's Day Unit
(Is there anything this lady can't do?? It's like she should have a cape and some sort of emblem....)

Clutter Free Classroom's Snowmen at Night Craftivity
The kiddos just loved this perfect little wintertime activity. So much fun :)

I can't wait to read what everyone else is lovin' on right now!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Your blog is adorable!

    PS I think we live in the same general area. I'm thinking there can't be that many places called Passtimes that recently closed in the Chicagoland area. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I bet we do!! Thanks for stopping by and following :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting ahead! I know how difficult that is :) I love the title of your blog. I also teach second grade and have started following you.
    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to have my coffee too! I am loving my Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla made in my Keurig right now. My favorite flavors tend to change!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOO I love the Dunkin Donuts KCups...I'm usually a regular ol' coffee kinda gal but when I'm feeling extra fancy I'll go with a flavor :)

      Delete