Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Party Party Party Time! Classroom Reward Ideas :)

I'm so proud of my little kidlets! They earned their 10 Charger Tickets (schoolwide incentive program) which means they've earned a special surprise....only what the heck are we gonna do?!

Let's be honest--we all love doing special fun things for the kidlets, but sometimes it can get a little pricey or time consuming or lame. What to do...what to do.....

WELL FEAR NOT, DEAR READERS! For I have a few ideas to share :)

We've decided to have a (wait for it....) THEMED. READING. PARTY. (Oh how I love a good theme...) and the kidlets are casting their votes this afternoon. Yippee!

I thought I'd share these ideas with you for a couple of reasons--reason numero uno: I love to share. Reason numero dos: I thought if someone out there in the bloggy land was looking for something fun to do with their kiddos, then this might give them a couple of fun ideas :)

Idea Number One: Reading Slumber Party

This idea is a like a magical pajama day, reading party hybrid. The kiddos wear their PJs and bring in their favorite stuffty animal and a pillow to sit on the floor and read. The best part? What is a slumber party without popcorn?! (Provided by yours truly. I love me some yumalicious popcorn.)

Idea Number Two: Reading Camp Out

Are you a big fan of the great outdoors?? Than this is the incentive idea for you! Have your kiddos bring in a sleeping bag and a flashlight, turn off the lights and have them read by the light of their flashlights! And, (since all parties need snacks....) I found this trail mix-esque recipe on Pinterest (from whence all good things come) for 'Smore Trail Mix. Voila!





Idea Number Three: Beach Party Have the kidlets bring in their beach towels, wear their sunglasses and summer gear and hit the beach for a reading party! Here's a fun snack to match--follow the picture link for the recipe :)


Well there you have it, friendlies! Three ideas I hope you'll be able to take a run with :)

Sidenote: Check out my other blog Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox if you're looking for something to make for dinner this week. I made a (Lowfat But Still Delicious) Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pasta with Chicken and it was pretty yummy. Thank you pinterest!

4 comments:

  1. What great ideas! My favorite one is the camp-out theme. Now I just have to come up with a goal for them to reach!!
    Thanks!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I love the camp-out theme too :) And being that I have a tendency to go a smidge overboard with most things, I think I'm going to set up some sort of tent in the classroom as well haha

      Delete
  2. Omg! All these ideas sound so fun! I wouldn't be able to choose! :) I am your newest follower!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kimberly Ann! Thanks for following and stopping by! :)

    ~Steph

    ReplyDelete