Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Scholastic Book Order Genres + Freebie

I feel like it's Freebie Palooza over here! Do you ever wonder what to do with all those scholastic book orders? I know I do. I always feel like I have a ton of extras...

My teaching partner told me about something nifty she's doing with them, and I thought I'd share the idea with all of you! The kiddos are going into those book orders and cutting out the books based on genre. One day might be all fantasy books, another day might be non fiction and so on and so forth.

I thought it might be a fun idea for the kidlets to make up their own book of genres so we decided to take a.......(drumroll please)....Genre Vacation!!

I've created this "Sightseeing Journal" for the kiddos to keep that houses all the examples of the genres they've cut out of their scholastic book orders. It also has a space at the top of each page for the kiddos to write down the definition of each genre so they don't forget!
A Cover Page for Each Student
Example of an Inside Page

If you'd like a copy, this freebie is posted here on my TPT page. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment