Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Teaching Quote of the Day and Update

Kiddos are just too funny--for me at least, it seems this class is especially witty!

Storytime.

I like to play music for my kidlets when we're doing our independent morning work. Today I played them the song Ocean by John Butler Trio. I explained to them that it's an instrumental song that though it sounds like a bunch of people are playing on lots of different instruments, it's really only one man on his guitar!

One of my little sweethearts looked at me after hearing this and said, "This song isn't just awesome...IT'S AMAZING!" I love that the power of music can show them things that are "amazing" :)

Sidenote: If you care to read about my for real life at all, there's a new post up at Sparkly Quirky Lifebox (my personal blog). Please feel free to follow :)

2 comments:

  1. The power of music is like no other, especially in the classroom!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that's so sweet! I need to use music more during their downtimes.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete