Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Currently

It's that magical time of year again..... :)

Well, for teachers anyway. The fresh supplies...the twelve thousand trips to target...jimmy john's on speed dial so you can keep working while you eat dinner....

I love this time of year. It's so full of anticipation--things you want to do differently, things you want to keep exactly the same (and pray that you'll get the same successful results...)

This has been a really busy summer! It has definitely gone faster than any other in my lifetime. I got engaged to the love of my life on the last day of school and since then time has been an absolute whirlwind of wedding planning.

One of my favorites from our Engagement Sesh. Photos by the magnificently
talented Jessica DeKock of Forever October Photography.

I also decided that this would be a great year to switch grade levels! I can't wait to make the move from 2nd grade to 4th grade. I get bubbly in my heartbox just thinking about it!! The CHAPTER BOOKS!!! The DEPTH!!! I. Can. Not. Wait. Keep an eye out for those classroom reveal pics because they are a'commin'.

Anywho. Where was I? YES! August Currently :) Thanks Farley!


Listening: The quiet...lordie I've learned to love the quiet. It's just something that can make you feel as though you're part of the WORLD and not just stuck in your phone with spotify...though that can be fun too :)

Loving: My family and fiance. God I just love them. They make my heart feel like it's going to burst out of my chest. They've been so incredibly helpful while I've been working at the school. I honestly don't know what I would do without them.

Thinking: I am of two minds lately. Wedding planning and 4th grade planning. If I'm not thinking about dresses and cake testing, I'm thinking about curriculum and long range planning. My brain feels like it might 'splode.

Wanting: I really want for the transition from 2nd to 4th to go well...I student taught 4th grade so it shouldn't be too much of a culture shock...but still. Change makes me nervous...

Needing: I NEED to keep working in my classroom. NEED. I have DREAMS about it...kids walk in...nothing there....ok, so it's more like nightmares...haha

1st Day You and the Kids: I want to create a classroom timeline this year--photo style. I want to take pictures each month and then post them in our classroom so the kiddos can remember how much they've done. I plan to establish this on our first day :)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the transition! I am doing the reverse and going from 4th grade back to 2nd grade. 4th grade was so much fun thou. I want to see how your classroom timeline works out. That is always something I have wanted to do in my classroom. Glad to have found you!
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I hope the timeline works out too :)

      Delete
  2. I taught 4th grade for a year & loved it before moving to 3rd grade. Your engagement picture is beautiful! I just love it! I did a timeline one year when I had more hall space outside my room. I had big circles that were connected kind of like a caterpillar. I put pictures on it at the end of each month. It was neat! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your transition! I have moved every year so far (year 4) so I am hoping this will be my last move, into 7th science. Your engagement picture is ADORABLE! I can't wait to see the big room reveal! I am heading to mine right now to finish it up.

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete