Thursday, August 14, 2014

Meet Steph!

I'm linking up with Falling Into First for her Meet the Teacher Linky. It's been so fun getting to read about all of you! So I thought I'd tell you a little bit about myself.


My name is Stephanie Rudakas. I'm a 25 year old teacher who LOVES her job. I teach in a fabulous district in Northwest Indiana. I taught 2nd grade for 3 years and this year I'm moving to 4th grade. I can't wait to see where this change takes me :)


I am engaged to ^this guy^ and we'll be getting married in a little over a year. So, in a nutshell, I decided to change grades and plan a wedding all in one year....a little crazy? Possibly ;)


This is my favorite (...and only) little furbaby. His name is Rory :) He's a two year old goldendoodle and a total cutiepants. I love him to pieces. My favorite thing about him is that he's an adorable little blanket-dragger! Seriously--just drags his blanket around the house. Like a furry Linus. 

This past summer has been a summer of wedding planning, classroom planning, reading, and hanging out with my family. Total perfection :) 



THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Shopping. Photography. Flair pens. Sharpies. Running. Yoga. Any show by Shonda Rhimes ever. Netflix. Blogging. Photoshop. Coffee. Tea. Mugs. Purses. 

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
Photographer :) Hands down. I love everything about it. It makes me feel giggly and happy. 

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Passionate. Quirky. Loving.
 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

 "I just LOVE planning for a sub and being away from my classroom!" Said no teacher ever.

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

My family and friends. They are my favorites and I don't feel weird and awkward around them. But also I would want to invite...
Audrey Hepburn (she is just so classy and cool).
The queen (it would give me an excuse to use the good china)
Steve Martin (WHAT a riot.)

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

It would be a series under the title of Spazzypants. Examples include:
Meet Spazzypants
Spazzypants Teaches
Spazzypants Gets a Dog
Spazzypants Plans a Wedding
Spazzypants Hosts Thanksgiving
Spazzypants Attempts to Organize Her Pantry

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

Invisibility. Hands down. Next question. 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

Not every day is perfect. In fact, most of them aren't. That being said, I'm a firm believer in the fact that your days are what you make them. You have to choose happiness.

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

Jolene by Dolly Parton. I just LOVE that song--plus, I feel like if I were on American Idol, there would be a certain amount of respect that came with singing Classic Dolly.
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

I wish with my whole heartbox that I was a morning person but, alas and alack, I am for SURE a night owl. I always have such big plans to wake up early and get things done...that happens never. I'm a snooze-button enthusiast. 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?


I really love the editing checklists for primary and intermediate grades I have in my store. It's a great little product that will take your writers through the school year. There's a primary version and an intermediate version :) Click on the picture for the link!

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 

I did professional theatre in Chicago when I was a kid! I even got my minor in theatre. Still love it :)

There you have it! Head on over to Falling into First to join the fun.



2 comments:

  1. Cute couple! Good luck planning your wedding and changing grades! If you can manage a blog, you can manage anything. :) Love the Spazzypants series. Very clever!
    WigglingScholars

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog! You sound a lot like me last year, changing grade levels and planning a wedding. Let me tell you, it's doable!! I also teach fourth grade and will be getting married this October. I'm your newest follower! :)

    A Chocoholic Teacher

    ReplyDelete