Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Peek at my Week: The First Week of 4th Grade!

Tomorrow!! Tomorrow!! I get kiddos tomorrow!!!

I'm BEYOND excited for this new group of kidlets :) I can't wait to start our year together. Since it's First Day of School Eve,  I'm posting a Peek At My Week (Thank you for hosting, Mrs. Wills) AND my new TPT product!

*Whew*

That's a big post! Let's get started, shall we?



Since there are only three days, planning this week was a breeze--PLUS the first week of school is always filled with so much FUN...before testing, before new, before thinkyourbrainsout.....I love it.

Some fun stuff we've got going on:
In the morning...We'll be spending a LOT of time on procedures (practicing and practicing) as well as learning the rules of the school. I'm using this cutesie clip from Despicable Me to introduce school rules--you can find it here! With it being the first few days of school, we also have a little bit of benchmarking going on, which is what STAR Math is.

In the afternoon....We begin our 30 day launch of Reader's Workshop and Writer's Workshop (which of course in my mind means lots of great read alouds). Our first week of school project will be a classroom quilt (which you can find over in my TPT store if you're interested in joining in on the fun!). It's a great little way to get the kiddos working together and to let them find a spot of their own in their new classroom :)





No comments:

Post a Comment